As we all know, Acharya Chanakya also known as Kautilya or Vishnugupt was one of the most prominent philosophers and politicians of Ancient India. Along with it, he was also an economist, jurist and the royal advisor of King Chandragupt Maurya; the founder of Mauryan empire.
He has been credited for building the Mauryan empire and been appraised for his commendable role in the establishment of Maurya empire.
He wrote several books on subjects such as Economy, Politics, Daily Life situations, War strategies, Leadership and Management.
Some of the notable works of him are Arthashastra, a book on Money, Politics, Military strategies and Wealth management. Chanakya Niti, a collection of meaningful quotes and verses from certain Shastras.
Today I will tell you about 5 Sutras of Chanakya Niti which will help you to achieve success in your Life.
Who was Acharya Chanakya?
Acharya Chanakya was one of the most intelligent leaders and founding fathers of Maurya Empire. His given lessons and teachings are still relevant in today’s life.
He was a teacher in the Taxila University. At that time, the Nanda Dynasty was ruling the majority of India. But the dynasty had very incompetent rulers.
When Chanakya saw that the army of Alexander was coming to invade India, he went to the court of King Dhanananda and warned him about this danger.
King Dhanananda ignored his advise and instead insulted him. Seeing the ego of King, Chanakya became very furious and decided that now he will raise a king from his side and overthrow this ignorant king.
After that Chanakya met Chandragupta Maurya, the first king of Maurya empire, who was a teenager at that time. He taught Chandragupta all the Strategies, Military lessons and subjects to him and raised him as the new ruler of India.
He defeated King Dhanananda and established the Maurya Empire over India. Thus he also fought against the army of Alexander and defeated them thus securing India from foreign invaders.
The strategies and lessons which he applied at that time are still relevant today and one can apply them in his/her life to achieve success in various fields.
5 Sutras of Chanakya Niti for success in Life
Acharya Chanakya had compiled all the lessons and teachings from various books, his own experience, different masters and written them in his book Chanakya Niti.
Below I will give you 5 Sutras of his book which will teach us about how to be successful in life. You can read the lessons and apply them in your life to get whatever results you want in any field.
1) Just as a mirror reflects a mans face, his personality is reflected in his company of friends. One must always be careful in making friendships and acquaintances, for one’s friends, are in a way, an extension of one’s inner nature and tendencies.
2) Before you start some work always ask yourselves three questions why I am doing it, what the results might be and will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.
3) Knowledge is lost without putting it into practice; a man is lost due to ignorance; an army is lost without a commander; and a woman is lost without a husband.
4) Wealth, a friend, a wife, and a kingdom may be regained, but this body when lost may never be acquired again.
5) The essence of flowers spreads only in the direction of where the wind flows. But, the goodness of a person spreads in all directions without any wind.